AquaClear Hang-on Power Filter Series – Unique multi-stage filtration system that provides complete mechanical, chemical and biological filtration for superior water quality. The Power Filter has a filtration volume that is up to 7 times larger than comparable filters.
The AquaClear Power Filter features a unique multi-stage filtration system that provides complete mechanical, chemical and biological filtration for superior water quality. The Power Filter has a filtration volume that is up to 7 times larger than comparable filters.
It also allows superior contact time with filter media. The filter preserves beneficial bacterial creating a stress-free environment for aquarium inhabitants and maintaining clear aquarium water. Its unique waterfall design enables filtered water to return to the tank silently, gently breaking the surface tension and creating beneficial oxygenation.
The Power Filter’s patented flow control feature allows you to adjust the water flow according to your aquarium needs. The media basket prevents water from by-passing the filter media, maximizing filtration efficiency. Installation and maintenance are quick, easy and convenient.
AquaClear offers an entire line of media including Zeo-Carb and Ammonia Remover, exclusively designed for the AquaClear Power Filter series.
- 2 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY. For registration please visit: fluvalaquatics.com/warranty
- Fluval filter series is guaranteed against defects in material and workmanship under normal aquarium usage and service for 3 years from date of purchase when the complete pump is returned with proof of purchase and postage paid. This warranty does not apply to any filter that has been subject to misuse, negligence or tampering. It does not apply to filters which have been incorrectly assembled or unsuitably maintained or where installation and maintenance instructions have not been followed correctly. It does not apply to wear and tear parts such as the impeller, impeller cover or motor seal. No liability is assumed with respect to loss or damage to livestock or personal property irrespective of the cause thereof. WARRANTY IS ONLY VALID WITH PROOF OF PURCHASE FROM AN AUTHORIZED FLUVAL DEALER. WARRANTY DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS.
- For use in freshwater and saltwater aquariums
- Instruction manual for more reference.
- Package contents:
- AquaClear Foam
- Activated Carbon
Choose the right variant for your tank:
- AquaClear 20 – For 18 to 76 L tank (Pump Performance of 378 L/h)
- AquaClear 70 – For 152 to 265 L tank (Pump Performance of 1135 L/h)
How do I prevent baby fish from being pulled into my filter?
Make an incision in the center of a coarse, open cell foam filter block and insert the siphon tube strainer into it. We recommend rinsing the block every 2 weeks to ensure proper filtration performance.
I change the carbon in my filter every couple of weeks. Is this too often?
No. It’s better (and easier) to prevent odors rather than having to remove them once they’ve accumulated. Some fish are messy eaters, or are more prone to producing large amounts of waste, so prevention is key.
What general maintenance tips do you have for this filtration series?
Do you have any tips for fixing common filtration issues?
Aquatic expert Tom Sarac discusses the 6 most common filter problems, while providing helpful troubleshooting tips to resolve them.
I found a fish stuck to the intake of my filter. Is the flow too strong?
You don’t need to be concerned about your filter being too powerful for use with healthy fish, many of whom swim in natural habitats with much stronger currents. If a fish became stuck to the intake of your filter, it’s likely that the fish was already sick. Take note that you can adjust the filter output strength to suit your particular fish species.
How do I know when it’s time to change my filter media?
Packaging sizes: AquaClear 20 (item no. A595), AquaClear 70 (item no. A615)