DiscusX Hexa X – Effective against Hexamita & Flagellate infection
Description: HEXA X™ is a treatment for ornamental fish in case of protozoal and flagellate infection. ex: Hexamita. It can be used either in water or feed. The treatment is also effective against external protozoan parasites. However, to treat external infections BACTOCIDE 1™ or PROTECT X ™ are recommended.
Use when: Indication of fish stop eating, White stringy feces, hole in the head and lateral line erosion aka HITH, Lethargy, dark or dull body color, Hexamita and protozoal infection like Ichthyophthirius multifiliis aka Ich, Cryptocaryon irritans, Tetrahymena pyriformis, Trichodina, Trichodinella, Tripartiella, Costia, Chilodonella…etc.
Use one level measure of the included spoon (1 gram) for every 20 gallon (80 liters) of aquarium water. After 24 hours make 70-100% water change and add the full dose (for the total water volume not only new water). It is preferable to mix the powder well with some aquarium water in an external container then distribute it evenly over the water or pour it in a high flow area (ex: pump return).
Food treatment: Add 2 level of included spoon (1 g) to every 100 gram of prepared gel food and mix it thoroughly. Feed the fish twice a day from this food for 6 days.
Recommendation: Add 1-2g/L salt along with HexaX. Repeat this daily for 6-10 days. Do not stop the treatment on the first signs of recovery to avoid re-infection, you MUST treat for at least 6 days.
Read the full user guide carefully and apply all the recommended instructions.
- A recommended hospital tank will only contain an air stone for aeration and a heater if needed.
- Daily water change should be adopted as means of controlling water quality during treatment.
- Adding water conditioner that binds and neutralize chlorine AND ammonia is highly recommended.
- It is recommended to stop feeding, during the treatment if you still want to feed or must feed, do it lightly and keep more attention to siphoning away any food or fish waste daily, also in this case you MUST be using water conditioner that binds and neutralize chlorine AND ammonia.
- Always start by cleaning the aquarium, whipping the glass and having clean treated water at the correct conditions for the fish.
- In case you still treat in a display tank follow these steps to increase the success rate and reduce risk. Wipe the glass surface, siphon the substrate, and any waste accumulated under or around décor, filter media…etc. • Take care when cleaning the filter media not to do it with chlorinated water or any cleaning agent, or over cleaning it in a way that will remove most or all the beneficial bacteria(biofilm). Some products will directly kill the filter bacteria, such products will have a warning on the back of the package.
20g treats upto 265L Aquariums.
Store in a cool (room temperature) dry place, don’t place in a fridge to avoid water condensation on and inside the package in humid environments.
Packaging sizes: 20g bag (item no. 814174)