Fritz Algae Clean Out – EPA-Registered Algaecide For Fresh & Saltwater
Excessive algae growth is the most common complaint of aquarium keepers of all experience levels. Excessive algae growth is both unattractive and hazardous to fish and plant life. Fritz Algae Clean Out is the most concentrated EPA registered algaecide formula available. Algae Clean Out targets string algae, blanketweed and green water caused by singlecelled algae. Unlike some algaecides on the market, Fritz Algae Clean Out® contains no copper and is a selective algae control product that will not harm fish and live plants when used as directed. Fritz Algae Clean Out is effective in both freshwater and saltwater aquariums, fountains and small ponds.
- EPA-Registered Algaecide For Fresh & Saltwater
- Great for String Algae, Blanketweed, and Green Water
- Does Not Affect Biological Filtration
- Will Not Alter pH
- Safe for Reef and Planted Systems
- Concentrated Formula for Value
Use 6 drops per 10 U.S. gallons (37.85 L). Use 2.5 mL (1/2 tsp) per 30 U.S. gallons (114L). Use 5 ml (1 tsp) per 60 U.S. gallons (227.1 L). Repeat dose every three days until algae is controlled.
- For best results, add Algae Clean Out to a sump or high flow area of the the tank
- No equipment restrictions necessary
- No contraindications: can be used with all of our other products and meds
- NOT SAFE FOR USE WITH FRESHWATER INVERTEBRATES including: snails, shrimp, clams, other crustaceans or molluscs; remove these types of livestock before dosing
- Easy measuring: the 4 oz, 8 oz and 16 oz bottle caps are approximately 5 mL volume
- Manually remove as much algae as possible before treatment, and after treatment
- Perform a water change 1-2 days after treatment to remove excess nutrients
- If possible, turn aquarium lights off to further inhibit algae growth
- Overdosed? Observe livestock for distress, perform small water changes if needed
- Test for ammonia, nitrites, and phosphates with reliable test kits as dying algae may release these nutrients back into the water column.
FAQs: Please check here for more details.
Packaging sizes: 118ml bottle (item no. 48004), 236ml bottle (item no. 48008) and 473ml bottle (item no. 48016)